Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Rancho Cucamonga, California -August 26, 2013

Hey family :)
 
WAHHOOOO Go girls!! That is so great that we beat La Roca and kicked them out of first in the state!! We rock!! That is the best news ever!!!

Life is a little rough down here.  As you probably can tell, I am in a rough ward.  It is hard when I am still so new to the mission field, and training and in a new area and I can't even do missionary work that I have been trained to do it.  It makes things a little harder.  Things are getting better with the ward though.  I think we are gaining their trust a little more.  But I think that President Hobbs knows that I am with a difficult companion and in a difficult ward.  I realized the other day that I am with Sister Pollard because of these orphange behaviors and I am used to them and know more how to deal with them then other people would.  I know that is the reason why I am with her. 
 
But anyway.  Last Monday night, at about ten o'clock Sister Pollard and I were sitting in the living room just talking.  We got a knock at our door.  When we opened it up, it was our zone leaders, Elder Heath and Elder Olsen, and the Assistants, Elder Savage and Elder Norton.  They asked if they could come in for a moment.  They all came in and talked to us for a minute.  Then Elder Heath said, "Well I am sure you are wondering why we are here at this time.  We were talking about you sisters and we felt inspired that Sister Woodward needed a Priesthood blessing. Is that alright?"  Of course I said yes.
 
I told Elder Heath that he could give it to me.  It was such an amazing blessing.  The things that were said in that blessing were exactly what I needed to hear.  I will share a few lines with you:
You were born to lead
You are meant to lead a celestial life.
Be open with you companion and together you will work miracles in this ward
You will never recieve more comfort in life then you will from the Holy Ghost
You are one of Heavenly Father's choicest spirits
 
And it went on and on like that.  Right after the blessing I wrote down as much as I could remember.  I asked Sister Pollard and we got quite a good list.  It was a long blessing and very much needed.  I am sure that President has told my zone leaders to keep an eye on me.  And I know that President Hobbs is keeping an eye on me.  I know he knows that I have a hard greenie and a hard area, but I guess both President and the Lord trust me enough and know that I can do it.  It was a very humbling experience to know that the Lord is watching so carefully over me, as well as the Elders and President.  It was such a great experience.
 
That was about all the happened this week.  We are visiting a lot of inactive ladies in the ward right now.  The elders never really visited them because it was too hard because they are guys.  So that is where our efforts are focused.  It is going well.  We are getting a lot of these ladies to open their doors for us.  But other than that, it is still slow in this area. 
 
The stake I am in right now had a "Becoming a Missionary" Conference on Friday and Saturday.  It is basically a two day event for girls and boys over the age of 16 who are thinking about a mission.  They had us missionaries go so they could ask us questions and some speakers and workshops for them.  President and Sister Hobbs were speaking on Friday night and they asked specifically for Sister Pollard and I to be there to hear them talk.  They shared some wonderful stuff.  Just another little instance where I know the Lord and President are watching over me and helping me out day by day. 
 
Over all the week wasn't too bad.  We don't have too much planned for the week yet.  On Friday we have a six hour zone conference.  So that should be exciting.  That basically takes up out entire Friday.  But it sounds like it will be a good one.  So I am excited for it.
 
Anyone.  I hope you all have the most wonderful week and I can't wait to hear back from you next week....and sorry this letter came later than normal.  We had our zone sports earlier this morning instead of in the afternoon like normal.
 
Well I love you all
Love
Sister Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment