Monday, August 26, 2013

2nd MTC email -May 10, 2013

Hello family. 

First things first.  Thank you thank you so much for the cinnamon rolls you sent me.  They were AMAZING and made my day!! I loved them.  And the sisters in my district loved them as well:)  That was such a good surprise.  Thank you for all your letters and making me feel so loved :)  You are about the only people that have written me.  I got an email from Joanna today. Has anyone heard anything about Mary's baby yet?  I want to hear if she has had it yet. 

So last night really cool experience.  One of the elders in our district has been feeling sick for a while now.  He has been trying to suck it up and be a man.  yesterday it got super bad and since we only had 2 elders  in the room with us, because the other two ar ZLs and out doing that work, we didn't have enough elders to give hime a blessing.  One of the sisters walked into the hall and right there was an older gentleman who was in a branch presidecy and we asked him to help.  The only elder that had oil Elder Beus, was gone though.  As we were trying to figure out what to do, a sister in our branch presidency (a wife) walked right by our room and knew where the other 2 elders were.  So Elder Seright (DL), Sister Havens, and I ran up the stairs and out the door in search for the elders.  They were giving the new missionaries a tour of campus.  As we walked out the building, their group just happened to be right there.  Elder Beus told Elder Shapcott to contiune the tour and he would come help.  For both Elder Seright and Elder Beus, this was their first time consecrating oil, anointing the sick, and giving a blessing.  Itwas so cool to see them experience that and see how willing they were to drop whatever they were doing and help another elder in need.  It was amazing to see how the exact people we needed where right where we needed them.  I know that God's hand was in that.  It was so cool.

Dad, I just want to thank you for always being worthy to hold the priesthood and being willing and able to give me a blessing whenever I needed it.  I am so grateful for that.  Thank you for doing that for me and the rest of the family.  you are amazing and I love you so much. 

Wednesday was so cool.  It was amazing to see all the new missionaries coming from all over the world and answering the call to serve.  it is so cool to see these missionaries coming from all over the world and going all over the world.  I am definitely involved with the best work in the world and I am so glad that I am.  I love it so much.  I love seeing all these people who are out wanting to serve the Lord and preach the truth to everyone everywhere.

What else do you want to know about my companion? She is quiet with a touch of sass so it is HILARIOUS when she says some sassy comment because you totally don't expect it from her.  We work so well together and still have not had any problems.  She is so good during the lessons.  We both are able to read each other well enough that we can tell when ther other one isgetting to a dead end and needs help in the lesson.  We are easily able to pick up and continue.  Our lessons have been going pretty well for only having about 6 so far.  One of our investigators is named Gabby.  And she is black :) haha I love her.  We don't get to teach her anymore but she was great and so funny.  I am constantly tired but pushing through. 

Most days we have exercise time.  Not all days though, and only some of those days do we actually get to use the gym/field because there are so many missionaries though.  But we find other ways to exercise.  I love to go and exercise every day.  I am even starting to enjoy running.  Crazy I know.  I helps me get through the day. 

We have devotionals on Sunday and Tuesday.  Sunday was Chad Lewis.  That was so good.  he is a great speaker.  On Tuesday we had a member of the 70.  He name was Eduardo Gaverret.  I am so excited to get out in the field.  It will take some getting used to I think, but it will be good. 

Well I am running quickly out of time.  Wish I could write more.  Next time you hear from me will be Tuesday morning hopefully around 730ish give or take a half hourish.  The time after that, I will be in CALIFORNIA.  Oh and I do get so see brenna and sister brinkerhoff all the time.  It is great.   I love being able to see people I know.  I makes me feel more at home.  and always puts a smile on my facle.  Well anyway.  I will talk to you later.   Love you all tons and miss you like crazy!!

Lots of love,
Sister Woodward

 P.S. Also Sunday is Mother's day.  So I do want to wish you a happy mothers day as well.  Mom you are truely amazing and I love you so much.  Thank you for being my mom and doing everything you have done for me.  I am the luckiest girl in the world to have a mom like you.  Without your example there is no way I would be on this mission right now.  It is because of you and dad that I am here serving the Lord.  I love you so much and miss you a lot too.  You are the best.  I don't even know what else to say.  I can't express in words how much you mean to me and how different this mother's day will be, because I won't be able to be there with you for it.  Thank you for loving me and doing EVERYTHING for me.  Thank you again and I love you.  And I love you too dad :)

Oh p.s. again haha my companion and I just had the BEST teaching experience ever.  We were teaching a less active elderly couple.  And when I say less active, I mean truely less active, not just volunteers from the community pretending.  It was AMAZING and the spirit was so strong and after I realized that this is why I am out here.  To help people come unto Christ.  And all we did was testify to them and the spirit did the rest.  They were already members and so it had nothing to do with baptisms.  But just seeing them want to change their lives and come unto Christ and want to come back to church and seeing that change in them was wonderful. I love this work so much and am so glad that I get to be a part of it.  It is such a great feeling to know that I was able to help this couple, with the help of the Lord preparing them, and the spirit testifying to them.  I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment