Monday, August 26, 2013

First MTC email! -May 3, 2013

Sister Cook and Sister Woodward
Elders Seright, Huntsman, Shapcott and Beus.

Well hello there,

I don't have too much time to write, but I will write as much as I can in the next few minutes or so.  Friday is our P-day while here at the MTC.  So you get this lovely email today and you will get one next week.  Since we are in the MTC during Mothers Day, we will not be allowed to call home, so don't expect a call then.  I will have about 5 minutes when I fly out to call though.  We fly out on Tuesday May 14.  Our flight leaves at 845 in the morning, so the call will be before that.  Hopefully you will be home when I call and not running kids to school.  I wish I would have more time, but I don't think I will.  Make sure Maggie is by the phone when I call though so that she can hear my voice and hopefully won't forget me. 

Since today was our P-day, we got to go to the temple this morning.  It was such an amazing experience to go through the Provo temple with other missionaries.  It may look weird on the outside, but the inside is so beautiful.  Our district went up together, but all got seperated.  We ended up in 2 different sessions and one companionship just did sealings.  I loved the experience.  The entire session was filled with either missionaries or just really really cute old ladies.  It was so cool to see the old ladies still coming to the temple.  They are just the cutest. 

My companion's name is Sister Cook.  She is from Mapleton.  She is 20.  I think she only has like 4 siblings.  I know she has told me but I don't remember.  She is quite a lot like me.  We get along really well.  We haven't had any problems yet.  I mean it has only been 2 and a half days, but things are great with her.  We are always on the same wave-length.  It is so amazing.  She is great.  Of all the girls in my district, she is the one I would have chosen for my comp.

In my district, there are 3 girl companionships and 2 elder companionships.  My comp and I, and 2 elders are the only ones from Utah.  Everyone is from the U.S though.  We are all going to San Bernardino.  We even mainly all got our calls the same day.  In our zone, we are the only district because the other ones left the day before we got here.  We will have 2 more districts join us next week.  My whole life (well younger life) I have always looked up to the missionaries and thought how big they were and how mature.  Out here now I realize that they are all so immature, especially the elders.  I just want them to shut up some times. 

Over all though, we all get along really well.  We are constantly laughing and having fun, even in our classes.  It is great.  All 6 of us girls are in the same room.  It is CRAZY to have all of us in one room, but it is so much fun.  They girls are great.  We range in age from 20-24.  I am actually the 3rd oldest in my group. 

The MTC is great.  I have really enjoyed it.  The first day was super over whelming, but every day has got better and better.  I hear Sundays are amazing here and so I can't wait for Sunday.  The spirit is so strong here all the time.  I love it.  I love being able to constantly feel the spirit.  It is amazing.  So far, my mission has been great.  It is so excting.  It still hasn't hit me that I am out here serving though.  I just feel like I am at EFY or something like that.  I don't know when I will finally realize what is happening with me and what my next year and a half will be like.  It is crazy but exciting and wonderful.  Every one here is so great.  The teachers are amazing.  Even at times our teachers can be extremely immature but they know how to make the classes fun and know how to engage us.  It is great.  This next week could be rough since we have so long til our next p-day.  This one came so quickly after we got here that is is going to be hard to get back in the swing of things and focus on classes all day.

Love Sister Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment