Monday, February 24, 2014

Hesperia, California -February 24, 2014

Hey family,

Well 43 weeks down and 38 more to go.  Time is going by quickly.  Everyone always says that, but for the first 6 months of my mission, I haven't believed that.  But in 4 days I will hit my 10 month mark and I am really starting to believe it.  I hope you are all comfy because this might end up being a very long email.  Hope you are all ready.

It is weird that you are talking about spring, because for me, winter hasn't even come up.  I tend to forget it is the end of February.  It is great weather down here.  I hear that next weekend, we might get rain though.  Looking forward to that.

Well I am glad that the Woodward family is representing the ward well.  And by the end of the year, both Woodwards will be home.  Good thing that there are more ready to take our place (well not Woodwards, but just people in the ward)  I didn't know that Alexis got hers.  That is cool.  And Adam too! How cool.  I just got a letter from Grandma today, but I haven't read it yet.  Maybe she mentioned that in her letter. 
Well lets see what has happened in good ol' Hesperia this week.  My companion was sick a lot, so we spent many nights in the apartment.  We knocked on doors.  Met a couple of weirdos.  We had zone conference.  Our car got real dirty on the dusty roads out here.

We visited with Gina, a 17 year old girl.  She is pretty cool.  This was the first time we met her.  She had heard a little bit about the church.  We taught her the Restoration.  When we gave her a book of Mormon, she asked if she could read it even though she wasn't a member.  Her friend came in part way through the lesson and Gina said, "I am gonna find out if this book is true when I pray about it!!"  Then her friend wanted one as well.  She set up the next appointment so her whole family could be there.

We met with Jen this week.  She has 2 little kids and the member that is her friend has 2 little kids.  So we had 4 little kids running around  that made it a little bit crazy.  But we have another appointment with her tomorrow.  She wants to get baptized, but her dad is a very strict catholic and doesn't want to ruin the relationship she has with him.  So we are working on that.

We didn't meet with Kenzii this week, but she came to church with her 2 girls and stayed all three hours.  That was fun.  It was so good to see someone there.  I think she enjoyed it.  We are working hard with her and hopefully will have a baptism with her soon.  That would be ideal.

Love ya all :)
Sister Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment