Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hesperia, California -February 18, 2014

Hey family,

Well since today isn't p-day, our time is cut a bit short, so I don't know how long my email will be this week. I will try to type as fast as dad, but no promises.  I am glad that your week went well.  Sounds like everyone had a good valentines day.  My companion and I ate with a little old single lady in the ward, then spent the night in the apartment.

But the week was good.  We found a new investigator Kenzie, through a member.  We taught her a very basic lesson because she doesn't know much about religion.  But the member had already talked to her about the church and she was planning on coming.  She got sick and didn't make it.  But she is looking for a family church-two little kids.  She is basically golden.  We have a lesson on Friday with her.

We also are working with Jen.  She was left from the other missionaries.  She was struggling with a testimony of living day prophets.  The Davidsons (the coolest couple ever and awesome at missionary work) went to her house on Sunday just to visit.  They text us after the visit and told us that Jen is ready to get baptized.  We were really happy about that.  We have a lesson with her and the Davidsons later today.  Members are great.  All Jen really needed was to have someone other then the missionaries go and visit her. And then she was ready to commit.  She just needed support from someone in the ward. Once she got that and felt accepted in the ward, she was ready! Super cool! Members make a difference!

Well I am out of time.  We have zone conference on Thursday- 730 to 330.  so that will be long and cool.  I am way excited.  

And an apostle is coming in March.  It is Elder Ballard, although no one is supposed to know yet-I have connections. haha And it will be combined with the Redland mission.  SO I will get to see my MTC buddies and Sister Morgan! Way excited

Sister Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment