Monday, December 30, 2013

Rancho Cucamonga, California -December 30, 2013

Hey family

It was really good to talk to you all on Christmas. Once it was over I felt like it never happened though.  But it was good.  Next time we will set it up so that we are NOT calling at the same time.  That should help on everyone's side.  I loved seeing you all and being able to talk to you though.  Five months til the next time and then after that I will be home!! Kinda crazy.  Just over a month and I am half way done!

My Christmas was really good.  The members sure take good care of you when you are on a mission.  So many people got us gifts and fed us.  It was so wonderful.  I love this ward.  They really watch over the missionaries.

Well the weather here is still warm, sunny and nice.  I am enjoying it quite a bit.  I never thought I'd say this, but the Californians are converting me.  I don't think I would mind living here later in live.  I really like it.  Too bad it is SO expensive to live here. I will just have to marry someone with a good paying job. 

Well for New Years we actually have to be home by 6.  No parties for us.  Too many crazies come out so we have to go home early.  I think we are going to dye my companions hair for fun though :) I will see if I learned anything from Kelsey.  We actually have a Sally's around the corner so we will go there and get some good quality hair dye.  Not just the cheap wal mart stuff (don't worry Kelsey)

Well we didn't get much missionary work down this week.  As you saw, most of my ward is pretty rich so most people left for the holidays.  It was hard to visit with people.  But we made it through and this week will be better.  We are going to go on exchanges with the sister training leaders on wednesday.  They are sister ott and sister cook (not my MTC comp but a different sister cook)  So that should be fun.  New years day!! starting off the year right! haha

On Monday we had a white elephant gift exchange with our zone.  I got the most dumb gift ever and gave a real good one.  So it turned out lame. haha.  Tuesday Sister Hudrlik (senior missionary) fed all the missionaries in my zone breakfast at her house.  That was really fun. 

For Christmas eve, we went to the Becks house.  The parents are in our ward, and their son and daughter who are both married with their own kids.  So they were all at the sons house plus a few other family members.  We had a good dinner, where I spilt Dr. Pepper everywhere because I wasn't paying attention when I was opening the bottle.  And I wasn't even getting it for myself.  I was being nice to Sister Riley.  Then we played Christmas Bingo with them.  I was about the last person to win, which is normal for me.  I did win eventually though and I got a cinderella pez dispenser and ninja turtle legos.  So it was sweet.

Christmas we woke up at 6:30, blew off studies (don't tell anyone) and opened our presents.  Then we went to the Merkleys house.  The Spanish sisters didn't' have anyone in their ward who was willing to let them call home, so we helped them out.  So as they were skyping at the merkleys, we visitied and played a couple games with them.  Then we went to the bishops and skyped with you guys.  Then we had dinner.

We went to the Bevaccos for their Christmas party after that.  We visited a few other people and ended up with three dinners that day.  The last was a mexican one with Janet and her family.
The rest of the week we just tried to visit people and see how they were doing.

We actually talked in church this week.  My talk was on if Mormons are Christian.  Sister Riley spoke first about prayer and conversion.  She was nice to me and spoke for about 15 minutes instead of 2 like my last companion.  So it was good.  And there was a third speaker this time, so that helped.  I actaully was able to give a normal length talk, unlike last time.  After I was finished I heard the Bishop say to a counselor, "that was beautiful."  So I guess my bishop liked it.  Lots of people told us we did really good talks.  Our bishop called us rock stars! haha.  So that was fun. It was interesting.  We had a lot of extra little kids there visiting with family.  When Sister Riley and Sister Rasmussen spoke, it was really loud and crazy, but for some reason when I spoke the chapel was silent.  I asked Sister Riley if I just didn't notice it was loud, and she said it was quiet.  I don't know what that means, but it was interesting and cool at the same time.  Just thought I'd share.  
Well that was my week.  Love you all.  Talk to you next week

Love you all
Sister Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment