Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Apple Valley, California -May 27, 2014

Hey y'all

First off, I am all for helping Cameron move that wedding back.  I will add some money to that bribe.  Don't know if mom and dad would appreciate that though since the wedding is only a week away....They are probably just for it to be over and are grateful it is not dragging out another 5 months.

Well this week was an interesting one.  Tuesday was our No Satan Day-which was basically us just being as exactly obedient as we possibly can.  We did the best we could that one day and we saw good things come from it.  We went to visit a less active girl, and found her mom home.  Her mom was crying.  I guess this less active girl-Maddie- had blown up.  The grandma (who they live with) couldn't take it any more.  Told Maddie to leave.  Maddie got her stuff and left to a hotel where her dad was staying.  The dad is from Oklahoma and was over visiting the kids.  The mom was up set and we were able to talk to her and listen.  We fasted the next day with the mom for Maddie.

On Friday we had exchanges and Sister Ellis and Sister Higbee went over to their house.  They found out that Maddie had decided to stay with the mom and not go with the dad-Good thing.  Dad is a druggie and a drinker.  They also took Maddie into her room and Maddie opened up a whole lot to them.  She told them a lot of things that were going on that we didn't know about. We have an appointment with them today.  But we are making progress with that family!!

Like I said, Friday we had exchanges.  I went with Sister Anderson to Victorville  for the day.  I had a lot of fun and learned a lot from her.  It was a good day, and Sister Ellis and Sister Higbee were able to contact 5 of our investigators that we haven't been able to contact in weeks!  So that was good. We have lessons set up with all of them this week! So excited.

On Thursday we had zone conference.  What a day that was....We get to the church at 7:45 in the morning-exactly on time.  We get out of the car and Sister Pollard and her companion were walking through the parking lot. She came over to me, gave me a hug and told me she was going home at the end of this transfer.  She has been having a lot of bad problems with her feet.  She has had 4 companions and she has struggled with all of them.  The mission has been super hard and she just couldn't take it any more.  So with the feet and everything else combined, she decided to go home.

Oh but the best news for the week???? KENZII IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!! AHHHHHH she is getting baptized on Friday! I am so excited.  Last I heard, she was aiming for August.  But she kicked her boyfriend out and she got rid of the coffee and tea.  She moved her date up a few months and President  gave me permission to go!! I guess I am still on his good list!  So that is in just three days!! YAY!!  So I will have pictures of that next week for you.

Transfers is also this week.  We don't want either of us to leave, but we both think that Sister Ellis is going to get the boot.  I will let you know next week though. 

Well I love you all.  I hope you have a great week. 

Sister Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment