Monday, September 23, 2013

Rancho Cucamonga, California -September 23, 2013

Hey there family. 
 
Well I have survived another week.  It has been hard, let me tell you.  Neither my companion or I got transferred and so we are still together in this area for another six weeks at least.  
 
I did get a package from Megan though, so that made it better.  It came the exact same time that we heard that we were staying together, so that helped :)  Perfect timing.  So thanks Megan!!
 
I will hopefully get some pictures to you soon.  Maybe later today if I can.  Every week I think about sending some and then I either run out of time or else I forget my camera (that was this week).  I will try to get some off to you because it has been a while since I have.  Sorry.
 
Well as for my week....I don't know what really happened.  I got to go on an exchange with two Sisters in my district.  Sister Bingham has been having really really bad migraines and so she can't do too much work. It has been killing Sister Wood because there is not much getting done.  So they got permission to switch with us.  I stayed with Sister Bingham and Sister Pollard went with Sister Wood.  It was so great.  I love Sister Bingham.  She was in my last zone and now is in my district.  She is a hoot and I was really glad that I got to spend some time with her.  She is considering going home because it is so bad though.  She has only been out for 2 transfers now.  She is just starting her third one.  It is really sad.
 
And another Sister just went home this week as well.  Her name is Sister Morones and she came out the same time as me.  She is a convert of only a little bit of time and was just so happy all the time.  She got Pylori H in her stomach, and it wouldn't get any better, so after about 2 months of dealing with it, she decided to go home.  It is the hardest thing to see people go home because of illness that they can't control.  I just feel so bad for them.
 
Well there is a girl from the ward I am working in now who goes into the MTC on Wednesday!! Her name is Mckenzy Taylor and she is going to the Salt Lake Temple Square mission! How cool is that.  She has been telling us about it and it actually sounds really fun.  It is an all girls mission.  It covers temple square, the conference center, the beehive house, the joseph smith building and maybe a few other places like that.  So they get to give tours and work there for most of their mission.  Then for about 2 or 3 transfers they go to surrounding missions and do a regular proselyting mission.  She is really excited and she will do such a good job.  It fits her so well.  So if you ever go down that way and see a Sister Taylor, see if she is from Rancho!
 
We went to her house on Saturday and helped her mom make garlic bread and cake.  Then on Sunday we were invited to the luncheon.  Basically the entire ward was there.  They made eleven lasagnas and only had one left over!! Can you believe it? It was crazy busy. 
 
We spent most of our time this week working with less active members.  We had about seven or eight lessons with less active families, and about half of them actually came to church yesterday.  It was so neat to see them all there.  I love seeing them come out to church.
 
Well the bad news for the week. Sister Winert, who went home six weeks ago just found out she has a brain tumor.  They are trying to figure out what stage of cancer it is right now.  I have been emailing her every week since she went home.  When she was out here, she was battling with migraines all the time and now she knows why.  I am so sad.  I feel so bad for her.  She is just so great.  But we all have hard times and things we have to deal with.  But cancer is not one I would ever wish upon anyone. 
 
That was about my week though.  Just making it through one day at a time.  Remembering to breath and keep going.  On Saturday we are having a women's conference.  All the Sisters in the mission are getting together for a few hours, and then we will be watching the Relief Society broadcast.  I am excited.  It should be really fun.  And I know that next week, I will be able to go on exchanges with Sister Ott and Sister Haas, the two Sister Training leaders in the valley.  Sister Haupt got moved to the desert to help the Sisters up there.  So that should also be good and very needed.  I am excited.  I love them both.  I just love so many of the sisters out here.  They are all so great.   Definitely becoming some of my best friends. 
 
Well that's all for this week.  I hope you all have a wonderful week.  Love you all.
 
Sister Woodward 

No comments:

Post a Comment