Monday, November 4, 2013

Rancho Cucamonga, California -November 4, 2013

Hey there family

Well for transfer news....I did not get transferred.  I am staying in Rancho Cucamonga, which I am 100 % okay with because I love this ward and I love the people we are working with.  I didn't want to leave.  But Sister Pollard did end up leaving.  She is over in Chino with a girl who came out the same time as me.  They will be good together.  I am actually excited for them because I know that Sister Price will be able to help Sister Pollard a lot more then I was able to.

My new companion is Sister Riley.  She has been out for three months.  She used to be in Upland.  She is from Elkridge Utah.  She is 20 years old and her twin sister is on a mission in Minnesota, Minneapolis.  Pretty cool.  She seems great.  She is blonde and tall.  She is quiet but not really shy.  I am really excited actually.  I think we are going to work well together :) Lots of good things happened this transfer.  I am so excited for it all.

I went and visited a family in the ward this week, who was Uncle Scotts trainer in the mission.  He found some old photos of Uncle Scott and gave me a couple copies.  I will have to find a way to send them to you.  They are quite fun to look at. One of the pictures, he kinda looks like dad.  It is great.

So for other news in the area, we met with the Chamberlins twice this week.  They were at church again!! By the end of this transfer the dad will be ready to baptize them.  So we will just continue working with them until then.  The mom is moving along, but  very slowly.  But I think by the time the dad is ready, she will also be ready.  I did get pictures with them, but I forgot my camera today, so next week for sure.

It sounds like Halloween was fun for you guys.  I loved seeing the costumes.  That was fun.  They are all so cute.  Love the colored wigs.  Those just look so great on the black kids.  Also did Ian and Rolando not dress up?? That is sad and boring!!  But I guess they are getting pretty old.  That makes sense.

Well I hope things are good at home.  Sorry this is shorter.  I don't really have much to talk about this week.  Slower week for us.  I am really glad I am staying though.  I really do love this ward a lot.

Sad news...Our ward mission leader (who really is the best ever) just got called to be the bishop for the YSA ward and so we lost him.  I am not too excited.  But we will get someone else and it will be okay.  So for now we don't have a ward mission leader.

Also, Can I just say that I love the mission!! It really is the hardest thing I have ever done.  It is so challenging and it definitely works you to the edge, but man is it amazing!! I am so glad that I decided to come out here.  I can't even describe how wonderful it is.  I love it.  I love the people I meet and get to become such great friends with.  I love having a hard time because it teaches me to lean on and trust the Lord.  I would not come home early or go back and change my mind for anything!! This is the best choice I have ever made!!

Have a great week :) Love you all
Sister Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment