Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ontario, California -July 21, 2014

Hey family,

My new area is good.  It is SO GREEN compared to the desert.  It is pretty close to Rancho and Upland.  It is not at hot, but a little more humid.  It cools down a lot in the evenings and I love that because Apple Valley didn't do that.  My new companion is good.  You pronounce her name Mawn a moo a  That took me a bit of time to get down.  She is fun.  Her english is still coming along.  She is having a hard time explaining things going on here so it will take a bit to get a hold of everything here.  It definitely won't be a piece of cake, but Sister Manumua is super chill and easy going so I think we will get along just fine.

This last week has been crazy.  Our A.C. decided to leak water.  We didn't catch it until the tile in the ceiling broke and all the water came with it.  If we don't turn our air on it gets over 85 degrees.  We went to talk to the office and they told us there was no maintenance until today so we have just been dealing with it.  We keep the air off all day and turn it on at night.  We stuck our garbage can under the part that is leaking and it has been catching all the water.  That has been fun.

On Saturday night, at about 1 in the morning our fire alarmed decided to malfunction. It went off, but only for a few seconds then it was quiet.  Then a couple seconds later, it did it again, and again and again.  It was only the one in our bedroom and not in the rest of the house.  There was no fire and our Carbon Monoxide wasn't going off either.  I got sick of it and took the battery out after about 10 minutes.  I kept hoping it would stop and never did so I took matters into my own hands haha

There is definitely a lot of work in this area.  We have a family right now that we are teaching.  They are the Zunigas. They are hispanic.  There is the mom 2 teenage boys and a 10 year old daughter.  We taught the Restoration this last week and the week before they taught the Plan of Salvation.  They go to church every week and mutual and activity days. They all love it and are excited and on fire.  They have a baptismal date set for September 13th right now.  They will probably be ready before then.  They have family that are members and are very familiar with the church. They just need to take the lessons.

You will be surprised to know that I have learned to like fish on  my mission.  So I would be okay if you saved some for me when I get back.  My stomach has been doing a lot better.  It must have been something I was eating in the desert because I haven't had any problems down here.  It is good.  

I hope all is well at home. Have a good week. Love you all
Sister Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment