Saturday, August 9, 2014

Ontario, California -August 4, 2014

Hey family,

Well it sounds like it has been quite a busy week at home.  I am glad that everyone got to Iowa and back safely and that Darcy's ankle is healing up well.  Good good.  We can't have her out for the Sparta game.  

And school is all starting soon.  That is quite fun.  I bet mom is the most excited, or maybe Gislene.  It is probably a close call.  Speaking of school, I think I have made my decision about school....drumroll please... I think I am going to move all the way up to Rexburg, Idaho and go to BYU-I.  (okay mom, stop with the marriage jokes).  I have a super good friend in the mission, Sister Havens, who I am going to room with, if we get on the same track, so we are praying for that.  I wanted to go to USU but God is telling me otherwise and so I figure it would be smart to listen to Him.  Just though I would let you all know. 

Well this week has been good for us.  It has been interesting.  Not the normal week for missionaries.  We did have a lesson with both Ceci Zunigas and her family, as well as Monica Costa and her family.  Both lessons went really well.  We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ to both families.  Monica and her kids came to church and enjoyed it again.  We talked to them about a baptismal date and they want to do it for September 13th-yeah I know the same day as the Zunigas family.  So that would be 7 baptisms in one day, which might be a little much.  Monica wants to maybe do it a week or two earlier (August 30th) but one of her daughters likes the number 13 and wants to do it then.  So we will see what happens.

We also went back to Sister Shelby's house and finished her yard.  That was another 3 hours of work.  Right after that, we heard of a new couple that was moving into our ward.  Sister Manumua headed over to help.  They just moved from Odgen and some of her sisters went to Sky View and live in southern Cache valley right now.  That was cool.  We also went to the food pantry to help again.  

Sister Manumua got sick, so we were out for 2 days with that.  She was having super bad stomach problems.  Then yesterday at church, my face and eye lids were super itchy, but I didn't think anything of it.  When I got home, I washed my face and my face and eyes were all swollen.  I don't know what it was because I didn't eat anything (fast Sunday) and I haven't changed anything with my make up.  So that was fun.  I took some allergy medicine and was asleep for the rest of the evening and night.  So we weren't able to do as much proselyting this week as normal, but it was still a good week.  

We have zone meeting this week, zone conference combined with upland next week and then a mission conference with Elder Nelson  the next week.  So these next three weeks are going to be crazy.  And then right after that it is time for transfers again! Crazy how fast time goes.  

I get home on November 17th actually.  So about a month exactly after Cameron.  Our mission flies the missionaries out on Monday.  So just a few days earlier then mom thought, but I guess I can wait an extra Sunday.  That would have been cool and so much easier to do a combined homecoming, but I guess that isn't going to happen.  But I can plan on the 30th.  It doesn't really make a difference to me.  

Well I think that is all.  I hope you kick some sparta butt!  Go girls go! have a fun week.  105 days left! better start the countdown chain! haha

Love you all
Sister Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment